Saturday, May 16, 2009

schizo telco

My (soon to be ex-) telco UPC suffers from schizophrenia. Over the phone they are extremely sympathetic and promise leniency, yet regular as clockwork two days after such a phonecall the blunt letter arrives telling me that I should not hope to ever get this unauthorized transaction reversed. The people on the phone are different ones each time, but the initials on each letter are the same.

They must employ the friendliest and most socially intelligent on customer service, while the people with the power are nasty and sour and have dried plums for brains.

4 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

"Make them go away" is the motto of most customer service people. "Then wear them down until they surrender their money." Hang in there!

Pietro said...

Friendly customer service: that's something! In some of our public offices even the customer service is rude and nasty!

thyme said...

Pietro: I would prefer to be treaded rudely a thousand times over as long as people are honest, and with them I just can't get through. The customer service are friendly (as long as I am friendly) but what they say doesn't mean anything and i pay 10 cents per minute to get to talk to them at all. I would do better to talk to a goldfish.

Smart Mouth Broad said...

I'm so sorry that you have to go thru this but I am so going to steal your "plums for brains".