Wednesday, April 7, 2010

We are the devil



When I commented on this video on Youtube, I was being told that "it is only a war crime to shoot at people helping wounded or removing bodies if they are clearly marked 'Medic' ". (I forgot to ask in what language. For all we know that is what medics look like in Irak, they do not look very agressive to me.) And "if those guys are REUTERS journalists, what are they doing with those people carrying the heavy weapons, like the huge piece of equipment that guy was just hauling onto his shoulder?" and: I am really naïve to believe anything I am told through the internet, or to believe that those are cameras and not weapons.

Do we really believe in anything any more? We are the enemy, the non-believers, what are we doing? Our children will never live in a safe world, we have made them a proper set of justified enemies for generations to come.

3 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

I just read an interesting article about this nonsense in the Middle East and the new colonialism. Scary stuff. What, exactly, do we hope to accomplish. All we do is complicate the situation with lies and shadow realities.

Pietro said...

I agree. Your last paragraph is really a good thought about the situation.
***
The two very white doves of my post are free birds, I think they live in the wild: I was so happy and surprised to meet them casually, they are rarities!

Indrani said...

A world filled with dangers at every step... leaves me very worried too.