Solid Edge vs Inventor 2009 software conflict

I am having a problem where my Solid Edge software will crash whenever I try to acces the Materials Table.

I found a reference to the same problem on this website:

"CAD Blog- Solid Edge & Inventor 2009 Conflict. We have Solid Egde V20 and have installed Autodesk Inventor 2009 suite onto the same workstation. We have now noticed that if you click on the Material Table command in Solid Edge it crashes.

Has anyone else experienced this issue ?
"
www.nova-design.co.uk/blog


This problem first occurred after installing Autodesk Inventor Suite 2009 on the same pc. Since then I have removed Autodesk Inventor, have even removed all Autodesk software and tried to remove all references to Autodesk software in the registry, but it still happens.

This at first led me to doubt wether Inventor 2009 really was the cause of the problem. However on my other pc where I have both programs installed, I have the same problem. None of the people I work with have this problem with Solid Edge, and not coincidentally, none of them have Inventor 2009 installed.

I reported the problem with Solid Edge two weeks ago but I have not heard back from them yet. I also reported it with Autodesk, but maybe not surprisingly, they didn't think it was their problem.




Edit: five months later and I've tried it again: this time with Inventor Pro 2009.
My test: Startup Solid Edge, open a part file, and on the menu bar click: tools > materials table. After a few seconds the appliance crashes.

Reinstalling Solid Edge does not help, and the Solid Edge updates did not help either. The only thing that helped for me was a clean Windows install and going back to AIS 2008.





I know, I should stop whining and get a second laptop.

Comments