Tuesday, December 16, 2008

living in a glass house




That photo was taken almost three years ago. I passed the same tree house today. The light wasn't so sharp and there wasn't as much ice on the water. The ladder is gone. So is the glass. I wonder what happened to it. I hope no-one was standing underneath it when it fell.

EDIT: it is of course a tree house... I wonder if I am mistaken in assuming kids build tree houses all over the world? Myself, I used to dream of one when I was a kid but we never had a garden that was big enough... with trees that were big enough. no matter how dangerous the glass, you can be sure that the kids living in this house were happy!

7 comments:

Indrani said...

Mystery!
I too hope nobody was underneath just in case it fell.

Nihal said...

I would ask the other people living in the backside neighborhood if I was instead of you. Won't you knock their door and ask??

thyme said...

Hi Nihal, not really, if was a neighbour, which is not the case, I might mention it to them out of curiosity but it is really their business. They are old farm houses with fruit orchards and land. It is a private garden, so they can do what they want.

Pietro said...

I wonder what the use of that house was.

thyme said...

It's a tree house, children built it. Don't kids build tree houses in Italy? A good tree house is every kids kids dream, all over the world! ... isn't it?

SandyCarlson said...

I would love a treehouse! (I wonder if the children grew up or moved away....An interesting mystery.)

Pietro said...

No, here we don't have treehouses for children at all: never seen one!!!