Tuesday, April 8, 2008

conspiracy


My DVD player broke. It kept on swallowing my DVD and then pretended that there was "no disk" and refused to open up and let me see it. I can't stand dishonesty in my household equipment. I attacked it with a knife and I'm afraid that terminally damaged our relations. It has to go.

I'm cheap. I don't like to buy new things. But I don't like to do without stuff either. What I do like, is to combine different functions into the same piece of equipment. The superkid, effortlessly playing my mean streak, talked me into buying him a PS2 that cost three times as much as a DVD player would cost me, but which combines that function with another - be it completely useless - one: that of the game computer. I fell for the trick and ordered it last Friday.

The internet store quickly sent it before I'd have a chanche to change my mind and it arrived today.

I see two definite plusses to this purchase, over a regular DVD player. For one, it is much smaller. I love that. And second, we're never going to be searching for the remote anymore. This one is on a wire.





PS this afternoon I got a call from another online shop I buy from sometimes, and guess what: they offered me a gift DVD player if I placed an order with them now.
I smell a conspiracy!

1 comment:

reader Wil said...

Hé is dat de joystick?