some things didn't happen


The annual members meeting of the Solar Power Producers to which I was invited due to the fact that I am the proud owner of a whopping 120 cm2 of solar panels. Didn't happen. OK, it happened, but I didn't go there.

Lots of people died and were wounded in a terrible train crash between the Thalys and the intercity Rotterdam-Groningen as it was leaving the Gouda train station. Didn't happen.

What did happen: I left to go to the meeting about an hour later than planned because I was unable to disengage myself from the vicious entanglements of my duvet. Seriously, I don't know if you have ever seen that movie about those teenagers in that house in the forest and the forest goes berserk, the roots, the vines, etc... the unspeakable things ... well, my bedsheets must have surely seen it. They re-enacted it to p e r f e c t i o n. It is a miracle that I am alive and sane. And talking to you. Heroically I was only an hour late.

I gave my mother a lift on her way to my aunt in Bathmen near Deventer. Normally she takes the intercity Rotterdam-Groningen. I was going to drop her off at a station somewhere.

Near Apeldoorn it turned out that I was going to be at least fifty minutes late for the meeting, which meeting was going to last for barely two hours and so I passed Apeldoorn and continued on all the way to Bathmen. On the way back I went for a walk in the forest. I immensely enjoyed the warm fresh autumn day and was completely re-oxigenized. I heard about the not-so-terrible train crash on the radio (no-one got hurt, thank God).

On my return home I got a call from my mother who in retrospect was even more grateful for the lift, which in her opinion had saved her from certain death in an enormous train collision between the two fastest trains in Western Europe. Pfffft how she can exaggerate.



Comments

  1. nice pictures - but - ... where are the faeries ???
    Ray

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment