where have I been

I lost my job, so I've been busy, relaxing, playing scrabble on the internet, watching the snow fall...

Seriously, I've been told by my biggest client that their biggest client has postponed a job they were going to start at the end of this month, it all sounded rather serious. As usually happens, five minutes after they hung up the phone rang again and one of my favourite head-hunters called... he has helped me find jobs before .. only this time was different, and instead of offering work he asked me if I knew a place for one of the people on his payroll. So.. this crisis is getting serious! I guess we are going to have to tighten the waistbelt and sit this one out.

In the mean time I had already paid my contractor so he took me out on a sightseeing trip and I came back inspired.

In the old days in farmhouses when there wasn't any work to do for the kids, because of the weather or other reasons, they "walked the corners" (de kantjes aflopen). That meant that they walked around the big rooms from corner to corner and looked at the bottom strip of tiles. No ordinary tiles:











For the kitchen I've decided on a Maroccan type tile (Zellige) in bright colours ocean-blue and green, bleu vert or Kasbouri foncé. What I like about them is that every tile looks different, even the edges, not a single one is straight.

The contractor pointed them out to me and when he saw my response he just said "aha... I was afraid you might like those"...

Comments

  1. Those are great tiles. What fun indoors.

    There's nothing quite like being between jobs. I hope things turn around for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. La crise se ressent partout !
    bon courage :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be great by the looks of it!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tiles. I hope you don't have to walk them for long. In the interim, I hope we won't have to search for lost thyme. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bad scene over the job front, hope you will tide over soon.
    Keep up with your creativity; I haven't seen your sketches for some time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good evening, Thyme!
    Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks or stopping by. I hope the job situation is looking brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those tiles are very nice, I hope you find some work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment